Making the Most of Kindermusik At-Home Materials
by Theresa Case, Kindermusik Educator
Just like a Kindermusik class, At Home Materials provide stepping stones for growth, building on the learning from one class to the next. Everything in Kindermusik’s At Home Materials helps the parent and child receive the full developmental benefits of music and movement.
But it’s not about developing little Mozarts. It’s about developing life-enhancing skills in the whole child – cognitive, physical, social, emotional, language, and musical. And it’s also about giving you the time, the tools, and the inspiration to create the treasured, musical moments you can linger in for a lifetime.
Kindermusik Village At Home Materials use the power of music to guide your understanding of how your little one develops and nurtures the intimate bond between you and your baby.
* Home CDs – a rich musical environment allows brain cells and neuropathways in the mind to strengthen, helping to develop memory skills
* Literature Books – images and sounds encourage your baby’s ability to distinguish a wide range of speech contrasts
* Art Banners – two banners feature four panels of artwork from the literature book and help baby’s distance vision
* Instruments – even the littlest musicians need a creative, musical outlet, and Kindermusik’s appealing, baby-safe instruments provide just that.
Kindermusik Our Time Your toddler is learning to cope with and control his world, his body, and his actions. Our Time At Home Materials help your busy toddler musically explore this intense period, and provide you both with treasured together time.
* Two Home CDs – at home, music can help your often emotional toddler refocus and regulate his emotions.
* Two Literature Books – reading together helps your child internalize language and literacy skills.
* Home Activity Book – lots of playful, musical fun for home: taking turns, family circle dances, field trips, and songs to use throughout the day.
* Instruments – playing with a steady beat helps your child develop a sense of rhythm as well as the ability to organize and coordinate movements within time. One instrument for you and one for your child provide you with endless opportunities for music-making together.
* Carry Box/Bag – the carry box is both practical storage and a prop for creative play.
Kindermusik Imagine That! Your child is running, jumping, bounding, and astounding you with an increased vocabulary and a growing love of music. Imagine That! At Home Materials help you challenge your child’s active learning, sense of humor, imagination, and increasing capacity to grasp more specific musical concepts.
* Two Home CDs – singing songs develops your child’s voice while also helping your preschooler develop a sense of inner hearing, a skill similar to thinking a story or making a plan without speaking out loud.
* Literature Books – engaging her sense of adventure can help your child establish sequence of events and predict what happens next.
* Family Activity Book – preschool-aged children thrive on expressive learning and parental involvement, and they love sharing the musical concepts they discover each week in class.
* Play Set/Game – pretend play inspires creative thinking strategies that develop language, sensory, motor, and cognitive skills.
* Instrument – an instrument of their very own inspires creative, musical application of the concepts and skills being presented in class. It’s also true that developing a sense of rhythm can help children better understand patterns, a necessary skill for mathematics.